These terms and conditions do not affect the Statutory Rights of the Customer as stated by English Law, we fully comply with the laws as laid down by The European Consumer Protection Act (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and we are registered under the Data Protection Act.
In these conditions the following words shall have unless the context requires otherwise the meanings set out opposite them:
- 1.1 "the Company" shall mean Genealogyprinters.com.
- 1.2 "the Customer" shall mean any person firm Company or organisation to whom the Company agrees to sell "the Goods",
- 1.3 "the Goods" shall mean the goods (and any part thereof) the subject matter of the contract as described in these conditions and (if appropriate) on the face of the Company's acknowledgement of the order form.
- 2.1 The Company reserves the right by notice in writing to the Customer signed by the proprietor of the Company to add or amend or vary these conditions at any time before acceptance of delivery of or payment for the Goods or commencement of or payment for the Works. If any changes are made that the customer does not agree with they may cancel their order with a full refund minus our original P&P charges.
- 2.2 Acceptance of delivery of the Goods or payment for the Goods by the Customer to the Company or allowing the Company to commence the Works shall of itself constitute an acceptance of these conditions where acceptance has not been previously communicated to the Company.
- 2.3 Quotations shall be available for acceptance (unless expressly stated otherwise) for a maximum period of 60 days from the date thereof and may be
withdrawn by the Company within such period at any time by written or oral notice.
- 2.4 If subsequent to a contract in which these conditions are incorporated any further contract of sale is concluded with the Customer by letter or telegram or orally or by a combination of these factors without express reference to these general conditions it shall be a term of such contract that these general conditions of sale apply thereof.
- 3.1 Time for delivery is given as accurately as possible but is not guaranteed.
- 3.2 In the event that the goods are not delivered within 15 days or a previously agreed time period and an alternate date cannot be arranged for any reason then the customer is within their rights to demand cancellation of their order with a full refund.
- 3.3 The Company shall be required to fulfil orders for the Goods in the sequence
in which they are placed.
- 3.4 Failure by the Customer to take the delivery of the Goods shall entitle
the Company to treat the whole of the contract as repudiated by the Customer.
- 3.5 The Company will comply with reasonable requests by the Customer for
postponement of delivery of the Goods.
4. Price. Most printed family trees include the cost of carriage and packaging airmail to anywhere in the world. Multiple copies of large charts or charts over 850mm tall or over 4 metres long may incur an additional extra charge for overseas customers only. You will be notified of any extra charge if this is required before you decide to order.
5. Terms of Payment. Unless otherwise agreed by the Company in writing payment
for the Goods shall be paid in full and received by the Company before any order
is dispatched, unless otherwise agreed. The Company shall be entitled to submit
its invoice with its delivery advice note or at any time thereafter save that
where delivery has been postponed at the request of or by the default of the
Customer then the Company may submit its invoice at any times after the Goods
are ready for delivery or would have been ready for delivery in the ordinary
course but for the request or default as aforesaid.
6. Rights to Cancellation. The Customer has a right to cancel their order
within 7 days of purchase without reason for cancellation. Customers may do
so by sending an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising us of their
wish to cancel the order. Genealogyprinters.com will make every endeavour to
ensure the goods are supplied to the customers satisfaction and will provide
photographic samples of the finished item by displaying them on a dedicated customer website to ensure the goods are supplied to the Customers requirements. If the customer cancels their order they are entitled to a full refund. The Customer will however be responsible for any postage charges
that may apply from delivery and return of goods. These charges will apply to
postage charges only and will be deducted from the total refund price. 7.2 We
will refund the Customer within 30 days of their cancellation.
7. Dimensions. Dimensions specified by the Company on its website or by E-mail
are to be treated as approximate only unless the Customer specifically states
in writing that exact measurements are required. Genealogyprinters.com will
notify the customer by E-mail of the size of all documents prior to printing
8. Guarantee. The conditions set out in this section do not affect the Customers
Statutory Rights under English Law.
9. Confidential Information. All photographs documents confidential records
and other information supplied by the customer are supplied on the express understanding
that copyright is reserved to the Customer and none of the above shall be disclosed
to any third party without the express permission of the customer. The Company
will not either give away loan exhibit or sell any such photographs documents,
records other information or extracts therefrom or copies thereof or use them
in any way except in connection with the Goods in respect of which they are
10. Quantum Merit. Where from any cause whether arising under the contract
or otherwise or whether due to the Company's breach of contract or otherwise
the Works are only partly completed then the Company shall be entitled to payment
in quantum merit basis in respect of all work done by them without prejudice
to the Company's other rights and remedies should non-completion be occasioned
by default of the Customer.
11. Insolvency. If the Customer (being a Company) shall become unable to pay
its debts as prescribed by Section 123 Insolvency Act 1986 or compounds with
its creditors or in the event of a resolution being passed or proceedings commenced
for the administration of the liquidation of the Customer (other than voluntary
winding up for the purpose of reconstruction or amalgamation) or if a Receiver
Manager Administrative Receiver is appointed of all or any part of its assets
or undertaking or (being an individual) shall do or allow anything to be done
whereby a Creditors Petition in Bankruptcy could be or legitimately been presented
pursuant to Section 267 Insolvency Act 1986 the Company shall be entitled to
cancel the contract in the whole or in part by notice in writing without any
prejudice to any right or remedy accrued or accruing to the Company.
12. English Law. The contract made there under shall be governed and interpreted
according to English Law and the Company and the Customer hereby submit themselves
to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
13. Children. Genealogyprinters.com does not sell products for purchase by
person or persons under 18. We do however sell products for the under 18's for
purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Genealogyprinters.com only
with involvement of someone over 18. The legal guardians of the person or persons
under 18 will be considered responsible for any breach of this agreement.
14. Genealogyprinters.com will endeavour to respond promptly and appropriately
with respect to communications we receive.
15. Images of people displayed on the Site are property of Genealogyprinters.com.
The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited
unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specific permission
provided by Genealogyprinters.com. Any unauthorised use of the images may violate
copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications
regulations and statutes. You are also advised that Genealogyprinters.com will
aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent
of the law, which may include seeking criminal prosecution.
16. Genealogyprinters.com has not necessarily reviewed all of the sites linked
to the Site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or
any other sites linked to the Site. You're linking to any other off-site pages
or other sites are at your own risk. Genealogyprinters.com inclusion of such
a link between the Site and any other web site should not be construed as an
endorsement of the linked web site or its owner. Although Genealogyprinters.com
may from time to time create new features, or monitor or review discussions,
chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on the Site, Genealogyprinters.com
is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising
from the content of any such locations not for any error, defamation, libel,
slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger, or
inaccuracy contained in any information contained within such locations on the
Site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening,
libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane
material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would
be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise
violate any law. Genealogyprinters.com will fully co-operate with any law enforcement
authorities or court order requesting or directing Genealogyprinters.com to
disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
17. This Genealogyprinters.com website is hosted upon a UK based server, only
the server administrator and the webmaster have access to this site for uploading
and downloading of material. This is via a password encrypted File Transfer
Our online payment processing service is supplied by a leading figure in e-commerce,
use state of the art security tools and techniques. If you have any questions
regarding the security of this site, please feel free to email the Proprietor
of Genealogyprinters.com, Mr R O'Neill [ email@example.com
19. Complaints. Our aim is that you will be completely satisfied with our service
and with the goods and services that we sell. The proprietor, Mr Ronald O'Neill
handles any complaints personally, should you have any cause for complaint please either telephone us on 01902 836284, E-mail us at [ firstname.lastname@example.org
] or write to:
Mr Ronald O'Neill,
15, Linley Drive,
Your complaint will be dealt with immediately it is received and resolved
within 5 working days.
19. Genealogyprinters.com may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions
by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore
periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions
to which you are bound.